.
.

Shanadoo - Japanese Boy




Although Shanadoo is not Japanese but Geman,the four girls deserves a place on this blog for their fantastic music and video. Shanadoo is an all female member group made up of four young Japanese women from the Platinum Production agency. Chika, Junko, and Manami have worked together in the past as part of Avex's promotional group, Vivace. Vivace's works include promotional work as race queens, bikini pinup modeling, and even a few eurobeat style recordings for various Avex music compilations such as Girl's BOX. Marina was later added to the group as lead vocalist once the project went into production with noted German record producer, David Brandes, at the helm. Brandes' production works include numerous international hits with acts such as E-Rotic, Bad Boys Blue, and Vanilla Ninja. Released on June 16, 2006 through one of Brandes' record labels, Icezone Musc, Shanadoo's first single, "King Kong", a cover of E-Rotic's 2000 work of the same name, later recovered in 2005 by Hinoi Team in Japan, was met with great success. Shanadoo's works were exclusive to Germany and other European markets, such as Austria, until December of 2006, when Avex announced that a then untitled debut album would be released on February 28, 2007 in Japan. In January of 2007, it was announced by Icezone Music that Shanadoo's fourth single, to be released on March 9, 2007 in Germany, would be original content instead of a Japanese cover of E-Rotic.

Shanadoo’s fifth single realesed on October 5, 2007 was Japanese Boy. This is a remake of a 1981 song by Bobby Heatie with Aneka ( Mary Sanderson ). This was a big hit in all countries ( a UK # 1, 8 th august 1981 ), but not so much in Japan as they thought it sounded “ too Chinese”. Later Polydor covered it with a little Japanese “ buriko” ( “cutesey-pie”) singer named Yukano as “ Mai Chyainesu Boi “ ( “ My Chinese Boy”) that sold quite well.


Discography:


Singles


[2006.06.16] King Kong (Germany)

[2006.09.15] My Samurai (Germany)

[2006.11.17] Guilty Of Love (Germany)

[2007.03.09] Hypnotized (Germany)

[2007.10.05] Japanese Boy (Germany)

[2007.12.07] Think About (Germany)

Albums

[2006.12.01] Welcome To Tokyo (Germany)

[2007.02.28] Welcome To Tokyo (Japan)

[2007.04.27] Welcome To Tokyo - Limited Edition - (Germany)

[2007.12.07]
The Symbol ( Germany )





Japanese Boy ( Lyrics )

He said that he loved me never would go
oh oh oh oh
Now I find I'm sitting here on my own
oh oh oh oh

Was it something I've said or done
That made him pack his bags up and run?
Could it be another he's found?
It's breaking up the happy home

Mister can you tell me where my love has gone?
He's a Japanese Boy
I woke up one morning and my love was gone
Oh my Japanese Boy
Ooh I miss my Japanese Boy

People ask about him every day
oh oh oh oh
Don't know what to tell them what can I say?
oh oh oh oh

If only he would write me or call
A word of explanation that's all
It would stop me climbing the wall
It's breaking up the happy home

( REPEAT )

This is an extended version of Japanese Boy,
mixed and produced by Ernst Petry





No comments: